Looking for an opportunity to complete your apprenticeship as a Commis Chef?
Hours: 37.5hrs per week
You can achieve more at St Andrew’s Healthcare
St Andrew’s Healthcare is a charity providing specialist mental healthcare services. We work in partnership with a number of NHS, voluntary, educational and research organisations to deliver a range of specialist inpatient and community mental healthcare services, education and research that helps to improve the lives of people with complex mental health needs.
About the Role:
The post holder is required to undertake a fully funded apprenticeship qualification within 3 months of starting the role. As a trainee you will complete an apprenticeship training programme alongside your day to day job role to develop new skills, knowledge and behaviours that you may not currently have. Demonstrating an excellent work ethic, the post holder is expected to be ready and willing to start their apprenticeship training within 3 months of starting their role. Where a commis chef has not already achieved Level 1 / Level 2 English and Maths, you must do so before taking the end-point assessment.
The apprenticeship standard is at level 2, this will typically take 12 months to complete
Purpose of Role:
To provide an efficient and effective front line catering service. You will work closely with the Catering Team who will provide support and guidance to help you achieve in your role.
Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Maintain a clean and hygienic kitchen environment at all times
- Demonstrate organisational skills to prioritise workloads
- Contribute to reviewing and refreshing menus in line with business and customer requirements
- Use a range of craft preparation and basic cooking skills
- Use correct knife and knives skills when preparing food
- Apply correct preparation and selection methods when using fresh produce
- Ensure that communication with all internal and external contacts is effected in a professional, courteous and responsive manner. Deal directly with queries and ensure that messages/ in depth requests are dealt with or passed to the appropriate staff member expediently.
- Safely use, store and maintain cleaning equipment, materials and products
- Use standard reporting formats to accurately report work carried out
- Communicate with service users contributing to a positive service user experience
- Follow infection prevention and control policy and procedures
- Effectively manage resources to meet specifications and control waste
- Communicates effectively
- Continually improve self and others
- Active listener
- Team worker
- GCSE English equivalent Level 2
- GCSE Maths equivalent Level 2
- Takes responsibility for initiating and completing tasks, manages priorities and time in order to successfully meet deadline
Package and Benefits:
- 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years’ service
- Life cover
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- Obtaining your Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification