Naseby is a specialist comprehensive dialectical behaviour (DBT) unit, specifically for the treatment of women over the age of 18 with a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder (BPD), complex mental health needs and challenging behaviour.
With trained DBT therapists, a British Isle DBT trainer and one of the first Society for DBT accredited therapists, Naseby has established expertise in treating BPD. The DBT programme is unique in that it is delivered through a complete risk managed pathway of care, creating a sense of momentum and motivation for patients.
Women over the age of 18 who have:
DBT is cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) designed for individuals with complex needs. It integrates strategies from CBT with strategies of accepting reality as it is ‘in the moment’ (mindfulness).
Our treatment programme includes all five functions of a comprehensive DBT programme:
• enhancing capabilities - twice weekly skills training groups
• enhancing motivation - weekly individual therapy sessions
• ensuring generalisation - skills coaching
• structuring the environment - homework groups community meetings and staff training
• DBT consultation - (with peer group supervision) for the DBT therapists delivering treatment.
At the point of discharge, patients on Naseby will have successfully gained skills through the structured DBT programme. This enables them to address the cycle of behaviours and suffering associated with BPD in order to make a successful transition back into the community.