Simply click the button below to apply for this position.Apply
Healthcare Assistant – ASD and LD community step down
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
From £16,485 plus enhancements (Career Level: Primary Contributors - Band 2)
Full time - 37.5 hours per week
We are seeking highly motivated health care assistants to work with us within our community step down.
Whilst you will be allocated to a specific site you may on occasion need to support one of the other community sites if the need arises
Our service has been developed to provide enhanced care for individuals with complex presentations, who are transitioning away from secure hospital care to a community setting. Broom Cottage is shared housing offering independent living within a community based environment.With an emphasis on sustainable living and vocational skills development, our aim is for residents to transition to successful community living.
There are no set entry requirements to become a Healthcare Assistant but there are skills and personal characteristics needed.
To be a Healthcare Assistant in mental health care, you will need to be:
· Caring and kind
· Cheerful and friendly
· Willing to do personal care tasks (washing, toileting, etc.) in some areas
· Able to follow instructions and procedures
· Able to work in a team but use your own initiative
You'll also need:
· Communication and listening skills
· Organisational skills
· Observational skills
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
· Sickness policy on par with the NHS
· 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
· Life cover
· Car lease scheme
· Cycle to work scheme
· Childcare vouchers
· Healthcare cash plan
· Free parking
· Paid DBS application
· Access to free vocational qualifications
· There is the opportunity for you to apply to our Aspire Programme, a nursing bursary programme, which could support you while training to be a qualified nurse. Each year we provide the financial and development support for 20 of our employees to gain a Nursing Degree.
Closing date: Sunday 7th April 2019