Simply click the button below to apply for this position.Apply
Role: Highly Specialist Speech & Language Therapist
Career Level B / Band 7
Salary: £34,700 - £44,000 dependant on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
You can achieve more at St Andrew’s Healthcare
A top 20 UK charity, St Andrew’s is a unique provider of specialist care in mental health and learning disability. We aspire to deliver truly world class, holistic services within our outstanding, modern facilities. Our independence means we can always put patients’ interests at the heart of decision making, while re-investing surpluses in frontline services. We are currently transforming the Charity and have introduced Integrated Practice Units (IPUs) as the vehicle to deliver ‘Value Based Healthcare’. This will ensure our patients consistently get the best possible outcomes and local teams gain more control and responsibility.
The Role & person
St. Andrew's Speech and Language Therapy team are a small centralised profession that work across a variety of clinical pathways, supporting patients with complex mental health and challenging behaviour needs. We offer specialist input for Speech, Language and Communication Needs and Dysphagia/Mealtime support.
We are currently looking to recruit a Band 7 Speech and Language Therapist to our Northampton site. As a band 7 you will be working with a mixed clinical caseload that may include ASD, LD, Mental Health, ABI and Progressive Neurological Conditions.
You will have experience and highly specialist skills in the assessment and management of complex Speech, Language and Communication Needs and Dysphagia.
What we are looking for in you:
- evidence of extensive experience in LD/ASD/Mental Health and Personality Disorder
- evidence of working knowledge and skills in either Dementia and/or Acquired Brain Injury
- recognised UK dysphagia qualification
- experience in suporting junior SLT staff
- experience with service development/innovation projects
What you can expect from us:
- regular opportunities to work alongside other experienced members of the SLT team
- Monthly SLT department team meetings and CPD events
- protected time to engage in regularly clinical supervision
- access to internal and external training events
- regular review of your developmental and training needs
If you would like to know more about this post or are interested in arranging an informal visit to St. Andrew's Northampton, please contact:
Caroline Cope, Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist on 01604616828 or Caroline.Cope@standrew.co.uk (available Tuesday - Thursday 9.30am - 2.30pm)
Una Betts, Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist on 01604616043 or UBetts@standrew.co.uk (available Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm)
Closing date - Sunday 29th September 2019
Interview date - Thursday 17th October 2019