Occupational Therapist - Men’s Medium Secure IPU
Career Level B / Band 5
Salary - £24,500
Hours: 37.50 hours Per Week
Are you newly or recently qualified?
Can’t decide whether to choose a physical or mental health career pathway?
Then why not develop your skills in both areas in the same role?
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a newly or recently registered Occupational Therapist to work within the Men’s Medium Secure IPU Northampton.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and ambitious Occupational Therapist to join our established supportive team working in the field of Mental Health within a medium secure environment. The candidate should be confident in assessing and delivering occupational therapy treatment within occupational therapy models of practice.
The successful candidate will have:
- Sound knowledge of the full range of Mental Health Issues and conditions including Personality Disorder as well as a competent knowledge of physical conditions, aids and adaptations.
- An interest, knowledge and understanding of a range of theoretical frameworks and approaches which guide practice and clinical reasoning. For example Model of Human Occupation, VdT Model of Creative Ability, occupational science, occupational diagnosis and sensory approaches.
- Knowledge and experience in using occupational assessment tools to support clinical reasoning, treatment planning and evaluation of interventions.
- Strong communication skills and the motivation to work within various teams, contexts and the ability to liaise with a variety of outside agencies (within and outside of the hospital).
- Resilience and resourcefulness when working under pressure; having the ability to seek support when needed and act on this.
- The ability to use self therapeutically; building therapeutic alliances with patients and working confidently within professional boundaries.
- Strong organisational skills; applicants will need to be able to manage their own time and the overall OT programme, prioritising and completing tasks within agreed time frames.
- Ability to work autonomously and have the initiative to take actions forwards (both clinical and service development tasks).
- Knowledge and experience in confidently planning and facilitating therapeutic interventions within a restricted environment; facilitating one-to-one and group sessions and instructing junior support staff.
- A desire to work in and contribute to the development of the Men’s Medium Secure Independent Practitioner Unit (IPU).
- Have a commitment to lifelong learning and study
- Prepared to supervise unregistered staff
- Have completed the application form and attached most current CV
For an informal discussion and/ or visit please contact:
Louise Jeffries Senior Occupational Therapist Tel: 01604 608523 Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Sunday 14th July 2019
Interviews Planned for week beginning W/c 15th & 22nd July 2019