Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
Hours: Full Time , 37.5 hours per week
An opportunity has arisen to join our IT team where we are looking to appoint a Solutions Architect.
Working at St Andrew’s Healthcare
We’re the UK’s largest independent provider of NHS services, a unique mental health charity aspiring to deliver truly world-class care. Our focus is transforming lives through ground breaking treatments and rehabilitation, with surpluses re-invested in our outstanding facilities. You’ll find a welcoming, inclusive culture here, inspired by the shared values of our team. Everyone has their part to play in the amazing work we do - you’ll have every opportunity to get what you want from your career.
Your role with us
The Solutions Architect is the technical lead on systems development on multiple IT & Business Change projects; proposing and assisting with implementing solutions across a variety of hardware platforms (networks, desktops, mobile devices, distributed platforms, Cloud), and ensuring these solutions fit with strategic business requirements.
You will be working on projects of various complexities from simple infrastructure design to the more complex where a need for some creative thought is required, or providing guidance to others in the team. . Your accountabilities will include:
- Working alongside the wider architecture team of Data, Technical and Security Architects
- Developing a TOGAF aligned architecture capability
- Planning and implementing the design activities, ensuring that it is translated into a working solution that is installed and configured correctly, and within budget and timescales.
- Document functional and non-functional requirements which can be traced back to business requirements, so that these can be used when liaising with key stakeholders to obtain approval for the solution design.
- Defining innovative fit for purpose architectural solutions for assigned projects, which meet business requirements and align with the architectural strategy and roadmap.
- Liaising with Business Relationship Managers and Business Analysts to ensure solution designs align with the organisation’s overall business processes and strategy.
- Making recommendations on the use of 3rd party suppliers for a specific project and assess and evaluate subsequent solutions to ensure that they are fit for purpose, align with strategy and roadmaps, and deliver maximum return on investment for the organisation.
- Liaising with business stakeholders to ensure that all solutions comply with the technical governance framework, with Infosec and risk principles.
- Document all project designs and change correctly to ensure that there are records to be referred to in the future.
- Key member of Technical Design Authority, providing guidance, governance and input at senior level.
- Keeping up to date with relevant internal and external thought leadership, in order to inform the creation of innovative solutions on assigned projects, and contribute to the development of the Information Systems Architecture principles and Solution Architecture Roadmap.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong track record in working on projects of all levels of complexity
- Be comfortable designing at a highly detailed level in a sometimes complex technical environment
- Have several years of experience modelling processes, systems, data and infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate technical solutions in a language appropriate your audience
- Although not essential it would be beneficial to have worked within a healthcare or Charity sector
- We extensively use Microsoft technologies so experience of ADFS, EMS and Azure would be advantageous
- Possess a strong personal motivation and a self-starting attitude
We offer an excellent benefits package including 35 plus days holiday, car lease scheme, free parking, cycle to work scheme, access to vocational qualifications and much more…
Closing date: 4th August 2019