Simply click the button below to apply for this position.Apply
Speech & Language Therapist
Location: Nottinghamshire and Northampton
Career Level B / Band 5
Salary: £24,750 - £30,000 dependent on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Working at St Andrew’s Healthcare
St Andrew’s is the UK’s largest independent provider of NHS services, a unique mental health charity aspiring to deliver truly world-class care. We are committed to developing and adopting innovative therapies and treatments and to putting people first; prioritising safety and recovery.
St. Andrew's Speech and Language Therapy Team are a small centralised profession that work across a variety of integrated practice units, supporting patients with complex mental health and challenging behaviour needs. We offer specialist input for Speech, Language and Communication Needs and Dysphagia/Mealtime Support.
Due to re-structuring of the team, we are currently looking to recruit a Band 5 Speech and Language Therapist to work at both our Northampton and Nottinghamshire sites. As a band 5, you will be given the opportunity to experience working with a mixed clinical caseload that may include CAHMS, ASD, LD, Mental Health, Acquired Brain Injury and Progressive Neurological conditions through the lifespan. This post would be suitable for someone who is newly qualified.
What we are looking for in you:
- evidence of student placement experience or working knowledge and clinical skills in ASD, LD or Mental Health conditions.
- enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- ability to work in a secure hospital setting.
- ability to travel across sites.
What you can expect from us:
- daily opportunities to work alongside and access Specialist and Highly Specialist SLT staff to further develop your confidence and competences across clinical pathways.
- Monthly SLT Department Team Meeting and CPD events
- An opportunity to work within a small, dynamic, forward-thinking therapy team.
- Protected time to engage in regular clinical supervision.
- Access to internal and external training events.
- Regular review of your developmental and training needs.
St Andrew’s Rewards
We offer an excellent benefits package including pension, sickness policy on par with NHS, 35 days holiday, life cover, car lease scheme, free parking and cycle to work scheme
For further details, please contact:
Una Betts, Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
01604 616043 UBetts@standrew.co.uk
Closing date: Sunday 29th September 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 16th October 2019. Please note interviews will take place at our Northampton site.