Simply click the button below to apply for this position.Apply
Are you a qualified Occupational Health Nurse SCPHN(OH) or experienced in occupational health and working towards the qualification?
Salary range: £30,000 - £46,500 dependant on experience
Full Time but Part Time / Flexible Working Will Be Considered
We are developing our team and have an exciting opportunity for a full time Occupational Health Nurse to join our In House Occupational Health and Wellness team where you can help shape the Occupational Health team and department and really work closely with the overall organisation to help improve the physical and mental health and wellbeing of our staff. We are looking for a great nurse with the experience and capability to cover a full remit and practise occupational health autonomously.
Who we are
St Andrew’s Healthcare is a charity providing specialist mental healthcare services. We work in partnership with a number of NHS, voluntary, educational and research organisations to deliver a range of specialist inpatient and community mental healthcare services, education and research that helps to improve the lives of people with complex mental health needs.
Who you are
· A confident, competent and highly motivated individual with ability to engage others to effect positive health change.
· You have a proactive approach to health care and maintain a visible presence within a multi-disciplinary team - including HR, Safety and Physiotherapy.
· Work autonomously to meet service levels for management referrals and consultations.
· Able to carry out a range of health surveillances and vaccination programmes.
· Driven to develop excellent working relationships within the organisation.
· Lots of energy and drive to work in a busy and demanding, but friendly team.
· Good organisation skills and be able to take project leadership.
· Able to work flexibly and undertake occasional travel to different sites
What you can give to us
· Substantial experience of working in occupational health and high standards of innovative practice.
· Commitment to wellness culture and targeted health promotion initiatives.
· Proven people management skills and ability to engage and support staff health improvement programmes.
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and supporting continuous professional development to student and other colleagues.
What we can give to you
You will be supported by our expert Clinical team, giving you plenty of exposure to mentoring and coaching with opportunities for continuing professional development, training, and career progression. You will also gain experience being part of an in house occupational health team where you can help shape the team, culture and ways of working.
You can achieve more at St Andrew’s Healthcare
The Northampton site has facilities such as a café, garden centre, charity shop, woodwork & ceramics workshop all staffed by patients and service users along with other facilities such as gym’s and swimming pools for patients and staff to use and all based in over 150 acres of beautiful woodland grounds (please see link below for more details).
Northamptonshire is also a great place to live due to having great schools, very reasonable house prices and a good mix of facilities within the town as well as really nice villages and countryside too. Based in the midlands you have great access to the M1 and M6 and will be based under an hour’s drive / train from London and Birmingham too.
Our patients and your colleagues will expect you to live the St Andrew’s CARE values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence every single day
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
• Excellent professional and career development and training opportunities
• Pension and life assurance
• Sickness policy on par with the NHS
• 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 further after 10 years' service
• Cycle to work scheme
• Healthcare cash plan
• Free parking
• Paid DBS application
• On-site facilities such as indoor and outdoor gym access, swimming pool, café, library all set within beautiful grounds.