Simply click the button below to apply for this position.Apply
Newly Qualified / Student Nurse Opportunities within our Deaf Service
Medium Secure Division
Full time - 37.5 hours
Salary: Up to £29,062 Plus shift enhancements
Are you ready to empower your nursing career?
The largest UK medium secure service for deaf men aged between 18 and 65 years old. Fairbairn is a 15 bed ward in purpose-built medium secure service which manages deaf or hearing impaired (profound, severe, partial or hard of hearing) patients’ with complex mental illness in a culturally sensitive environment.
In addition to Fairbairn Ward, the service has links to a Northampton based 24-hour supported accommodation placement for D/deaf men with complex mental health and forensic needs who have been discharged to the community. This role has the opportunity to be involved in this service as well as Fairbairn Ward.
Over a third of our nursing team are Deaf and all staff and patients are trained in British Sign Language (BSL) ensuring greater engagement within the unit and participation in therapy. We provide patients with tailored interventions and support them in building relationships with fellow patients to aid recovery and create a sense of belonging.
Choosing your first nursing role is a difficult decision. We believe there’s nowhere better to start your career than St Andrew’s Healthcare. Here are seven reasons why:
1. You’ll be coming to a world-class facility with its own teaching hospital and academic centre.
2. We’re a specialist charity that invests in innovative, patient-centric, holistic care.
3. Chance to be part of an expert multi-disciplinary team working on highly complex cases.
4. You will gain wide experience initially, then get to specialise in an area that interests you.
5. Expect to earn over £30,000 (including Shift enhancements) in your first year.
6. We offer a supportive preceptorship where you’re given a mentor to support you in your first 6 months
7. The cost of housing and living make Northampton a far more affordable place to live than major metropolitan centres – you can live a great lifestyle.
Career empowerment for Newly Qualified
We’re the UK’s largest independent provider of NHS services, a unique mental health charity aspiring to deliver truly world-class care. Our focus is transforming lives through ground breaking treatment and rehabilitation, with surpluses re-invested in our outstanding facilities.
As a valued member of our team, you can expect to earn over £30,000 through base salary and our standard shift enhancements and allowances, as well as having the opportunity to earn even more should you work additional hours and overtime.
You can also expect your salary to progress as you complete your Preceptorship and take advantage of our excellent training and the opportunities for advancement through our Nursing Career Pathway that St Andrew’s can offer to develop your skills and build your career.
Our patients and your colleagues will expect you to live the St Andrew’s CARE values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence every single day.
We offer an excellent package that includes:
Apply now if this role is for you