Why St Andrew’s?
St Andrew’s is a unique provider of specialist care in mental health and learning disability. We deliver first class services within our outstanding, modern facilities. Our independence means we can always put patients’ interests at the heart of decision making, while re-investing in our services.
The Ward – Fairbairn
- The largest UK medium secure service for deaf men aged between 18 and 65 years old.
- Fairbairn is a 15-bed ward within our medium secure service.
- The patient group includes deaf or hearing impaired patients with complex mental illness.
- The ward accepts patients with a wide range of diagnosis including mental illness, learning disability, brain injury, autism spectrum disorder or personality disorder.
The role of the Nurse Manager/Ward Manager
- You will have managerial and operational responsibility for your ward and all aspects of performance.
- Your day-to-day support and operational leadership will be key to maintaining excellence and high levels of nursing and care.
- You lead and help improve the quality and operational management of your wards even further.
What you will need for this role
- You will have experience in a management position.
- Skilled in British Sign Language (BSL) as a preference or a willingness to learn.
- A positive outlook, strong leadership skills and excellent communication skills are vital.
- We want our Managers to inspire our teams so you will need to be able to influence and support everyone around you.
- You will need to be enthusiastic and positive about change.
And in return?
- A great pension scheme
- Life cover
- Excellent training
- 38 days holiday
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers and much more!
You will also be part of our expert Clinical and MDT team, giving you plenty of exposure to teaching, mentoring, coaching and opportunities for continuing professional development, training, and career progression.
Please get in touch with Samantha Pendry, Internal Recruitment Consultant, email@example.com 07515993645 or Shirley Farthing, Deaf Communication Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org