Senior Staff Nurse - RGN
Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire
Salary: £30,310 - £36,565 + Enhancements (depending on experience)
At St Andrew’s you can enjoy a special sense of pride and belonging – by helping transform the lives of patients, while shaping the future you want for yourself. We’re one of the UK’s leading mental healthcare charities with an excellent and well-deserved reputation as a provider of specialist mental healthcare.
Our commitment to holistic care, safety, recovery and innovative therapies and treatment makes St Andrew’s the perfect place to take your career to a new level. Join us and you’ll be part of a team with a shared focus on people not profits, with all surpluses re-invested to benefit our patients
You will have in depth experience of working with challenging patients in a mental health service. Being a strong team player, you will be able to build and maintain effective relationships across clinical teams. You will have good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop rapport with patients. You will also be highly resilient, able to work under pressure and have good problem solving skills. You will have an active NMC registration and have completed your preceptorship.
Some of the main duties of a Senior Staff Nurse are to:
- Plan, organise and deploy staff according to competencies and workload in order to meet patient needs.
- Develop, implement, review and promote the importance of effective outcome focused care plans to meet individual preferences and needs, attending and contributing to ward rounds.
- Effectively communicate with all MDT members, taking positive risks to manage the care environment and reduce the use of restrictive practices.
- Build and monitor ongoing relationships with patients, their families and carers to encourage trust, whilst listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns.
- Ensure all patient records, records of risk and interventions that have been taken, are up to date and accurate.
- Use refection and supervision to learn from events and generate opportunities to improve patient outcomes.
- Receive and provide clinical supervision.
- Support the division to deliver specific outcome measures.
- Complete required ward audits in line with the Clinical Governance strategy.
We offer an excellent package that includes:
- Excellent professional and career development and training opportunities
- ‘Transform’ our Leadership development program
- Pension and life assurance
- Sickness policy on par with the NHS
- 38 days annual leave, increasing further with service (including bank holidays)
- Access to huge savings through retail discount and cashback schemes from St Andrew’s Reward Gateway, Blue Light Card and Health Service Discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application