Public event for Mental Health Awareness Week
Posted on Apr 19 2018 by Bobbie Kelly
To mark Mental Health Awareness week, St Andrew's Healthcare will be holding a free mental health boot camp event, open to all, at its Northampton site.
This year, Mental Health Awareness Week will focus on stress. More than 16 million people experience a mental health problem every year, and stress is a key factor and increasingly likely cause of this. By tackling stress, we can go a long way to tackle mental health problems such as anxiety and depression, and, in some instances, self-harm and suicide.
In support of the week, the mental health boot camp will be promoting Mind, Body & Soul, helping you to improve your mental health and wellbeing.
Taking place on Wednesday 16 May from 6pm to 8pm at St Andrew's Healthcare, Billing Road, Northampton, the relaxing evening will feature tips from experts about how to de-stress and unwind.
By registering for the event and attending the evening, you could:
• Take part in a FREE yoga or mindfulness session
• Have a FREE hand or head massage
• Try a variety of arts and crafts
• Discover opportunities to participate in local sports
• Learn about (or purchase) products designed to help you de-stress, including aromatherapy, bath salts, crystals and herbal teas
• Speak to a number of experts from St Andrew’s outpatient clinic, and our chaplaincy, nutrition and dietetics teams about your mental health and wellbeing
Yoga and mindfulness spaces are limited so we advise booking - sessions times are as follows: 6:15-6:35 yoga, 6:45-7:05 Mindfulness, 7:15-7:35 Yoga, 7:45-8:05 Mindfulness. Please email email@example.com or call 01604 616150 to book your place. Anyone interested in attending the event can register and find out more here. Please note, attendees must be 18+.
St Andrew's Healthcare has a private therapy outpatient clinic which helps members of the public overcome many common mental health issues, from depression and anxiety to eating disorders and sleep problems.