We value talented nurses so highly, and want St Andrew's to be an exceptional place to follow a nursing career, whether you're experienced, newly qualified or thinking about training.
Nursing careers feel different here. There is a strong sense of belonging, teamwork and huge pride across the nursing team. You can tell a 'St Andrew's Nurse' by their healthcare knowledge, their advanced clinical skills and their values, dedication and professionalism.
St Andrew’s Healthcare offers a wide range of nursing opportunities across mental health, learning disability and neuropsychiatry. We’re unlike anywhere else you can work in these fields.
We’re always on the look-out for great Mental Health and Learning Disability Nurses. Just give us a call on 01604 616 844 (text relay calls welcome) or email us with your contact details and CV if you have one - there's no need to do an online application. If necessary, we’ll get back in touch when it’s convenient for you.
Search for the latest career options.
St Andrew’s Healthcare is where you can become the nurse you want to be. Here are 10 reasons why this is the right place to follow your career.
1. Explore or specialise? Our patient pathways give you the chance to explore different areas of mental health and learning disabilities or specialise in a specific field.
2. World-class nursing: Our vision is to deliver world-class care, so our standards are incredibly high. You can play your part in clinical practice of the highest quality.
3. Transforming lives: we’ve achieved some amazing results with patients through our compassionate, empathetic approach to care. You can really see the difference your individual and team contribution makes.
4. Professional development: We have a strong learning culture and we’re keen to invest in your training and continued development
5.Career pathways: we have a structured path for you to follow, whatever level you join us at.
6. Our culture: We’ve developed a positive, welcoming and inclusive culture, where everyone feels involved and equality and fairness are an everyday reality.
7.Getting involved: You will be encouraged to work in creative ways and put your own ideas and thoughts forward. Your opinions matter. Our managers are always ready to listen.
8. Enhanced pay: our nurses benefit from a qualified clinical allowance, awarded on top of their basic salary. You’ll also receive enhanced shift pay, depending on the rotas you work, and have the opportunity to work additional hours through our ‘nurse bank’.
9. Outstanding facilities: designed with patients in mind, we have modern, well-resourced, well-equipped facilities.
10. Work-life balance: family-friendly policies and a smart approach to shift planning help you to be who you want to be outside work as well as in it.
Our nursing career pathway within St Andrew's Healthcare is unique. It enables you to develop and move through the profession without ever leaving the charity. You can progress from Healthcare Assistant to Staff Nurse through our 'Aspire' programme which supports 20 members of staff to gain a nursing degree supported by a £15,000 per year bursary, and then onto more senior positions.
The pathway also provides opportunities to develop your career clinically as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Consultant, or through a more managerial route as a Nurse Manager.
We work hand in hand with the University of Northampton and other institutions to deliver a full pathway of bespoke short courses and higher educational opportunities to our healthcare staff.
Our staff have access to specialised training for certificates and a Foundation Degree, providing a route to degree and postgraduate studies.
In addition we run a vibrant programme of continuing professional development.